Wolf as Primary Character
Listed below are the fables with a wolf as primary character. This index page lists the associated fables in alphabetical order (ignoring a leading "a" or "the"). Please note that in some cases the primary character may not be the first animal/object in the fable's title; indeed, in some cases the primary character doesn't even appear in the title.
- The Blind Man and The Whelp...Evil tendencies are shown in early life.
- The Boy Who Cried Wolf...A liar will not be believed, even when telling the truth.
- The Dog and The Wolf...Better starve free than be a fat slave.
- The Kid and The Wolf...Don't do things that make you forget your original purpose.
- The Lamb and The Wolf...Better to honor the Gods than fall to your enemy.
- The Mother and The Wolf...Enemies promises were made to be broken.
- The Shepherd and The Wolf...False men cannot be trusted.
- The Wolf and The Crane...When working for a tyrant, feel lucky to escape alive.
- A Wolf and A Fox...Take pleasure when thieves destroy themselves.
- The Wolf, The Fox, and The Ape...The dishonest, if they act honestly, get no credit.
- The Wolf and The Goat...Be careful when you enemy invites you.
- A Wolf, Kid, and Goat...A hypocrite can usually be found out.
- The Wolf and The Horse...Men of evil reputation, when they perform a good deed, fail to get credit for it.
- The Wolf and The Lamb...Tyrants need no excuse.
- A Wolf and A Lyon...Indifference hides promises unkept.
- The Wolf and The Sheep...Judge charity requests by actions, not words.
- The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing...Seek to harm and harm shall find you
- The Wolf and The Shepherd...Don't trust your enemy to guard your valuables.
- The Wolf and The Shepherds...Circumstances dictate how actions are seen.
- A Wolf and A Sow...An enemy is most dangerous when offering you help.
- The Wolves and The Sheep...A foolish peace is more destructive than a bloody war.
- The Wolves and The Sheepdogs...Don't be taken in by your enemy.
Comments? Please use the contact
Copyright © 2002
Tom Simondi, All Rights Reserved